I love guacamole, but raw tomato give me hives, so I have always had to add cooked tomatoes instead, which makes for a less than ideal guacamole experience. Luckily, the other day I had a brainstorm… could there possibly be guacamole without the tomatoes?! After much Googling for Guacamole recipes I found that this concept did indeed exist and that it seemed many people happily made and ate tomato-less guacamole.
So after much searching I decided to adapt this recipe to my diet; A Twist on Guacamole Recipe from Heidi at 101 Cookbooks. I will definitely have to try some more of her recipes! To avoid the garlic that I can’t digest I replaced it with onion:
- 2-4 avocados (I used 3 today)
- 1 lime (if you want it less citrus intense I suggest 1/2 lime as Heidi has done)
- 1/2 a small onion, diced
- curry powder (I added until I liked the taste, I used approximately 1/8 – 1/4 tsp)
- cummin powder (I added until I liked the taste, I used approximately 1/8 – 1/4 tsp)
- salt (I used 1/2 tsp and think I could have gotten away with 1/4 tsp)
I mashed the above together with a fork untill I achieved the consistency I desired. Less mashed would give you a yummy chunky guac, and more mashed…well, you get the picture!
I enjoyed this delicious guacamole with cornchips.